From sunrise to sunset, the new water park gracing the Upper Padre Island skyline is creating big waves with the Torrent Wave River and Boogie Bahn surfing on the horizon, two signature attractions that are in the works to be completed in the next couple of weeks.
But most importantly, what tempting enchantments await you NOW? Lil’ Skipper’s Cove Kiddie Pool and Bob’s Cabana Bay Swim-Up Bar along with concessions were ready for swimmers and drinkers alike on the soft opening June 21, 2014. Since then, Schlitterbahn has welcomed approximately 300 new members, and just last week the park opened up to the public for $10/person. Now members and the public alike can bask in Schlitterbahn glory from 10 am – 8 pm daily.
But this is nothin’ compared to what is to take shape over the coming months. What do we have to look forward to?
Colette Rye, Marketing Director, has briefed me on what’s to come over the coming weeks. The front part of the park will open next, which will include:
- A tasty new restaurant, The Veranda Restaurant and Bar, which will be a full service Seafood and Mexican restaurant in the clubhouse
- A retail space for souvenirs, also in the clubhouse
- A river system
- Kids play area
- Two volleyball courts
- Another swim-up bar
- A wavepool
- Amphitheater (no concerts yet planned)
Slightly further in the future, Schlitterbahn will see:
- Master Blaster Rollercoaster
- A fine dining private restaurant (yet to be named) tentatively located on the 4th floor of the clubhouse (open to members only)
- A barge called the “Jubilee,” which is a casino boat brought from Louisiana (not to operate here as casino boat), will be equipped with hotel rooms (likely won’t open until next season)
Think you want to be a part of this booming park? Caitlin Grant, Operations Dispatch, says you’re in luck…they’re hiring! Tuesday, July 22 and Wednesday July 23 from 1 pm – 6 pm, the park is hosting a job fair to hire staff for The Veranda Restaurant and Bar. Come to the front of the main building, bring 2 forms of ID, and apply online to save you time. Be prepared for on-site interviews and even on the spot hiring!! Don’t have a food handler’s permit? Don’t worry about it! They will have an onsite course for that.
For additional job opportunities, visit: http://schlitterbahn.com/corpus-christi/jobs
Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available. And don’t miss out on the suntan and family fun to be had while the summer (and your inner child) is still young!